WestGate Church is a church whose members come from many church backgrounds. We recognize that there are many traditional and denominational preferences, which we choose not to use as a true test of fellowship. However, being a New Testament fellowship, we hold fast to the following statement of faith.
- That the bible is the inspired Word of God, which was given to men by the Holy Spirit and is complete and without error (II Timothy. 3:15; II Peter 1:21).
- In the one true God, who is eternal and exists in the form of three persons, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1; Matthew 28:19; John 10:30).
- In the deity of Jesus Christ, God in the flesh (John 1:14, 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26), His sacrificial death (I Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Heb. 2:9), His bodily resurrection (John 11:25; I Corinthians 15:4), and His ascension back into heaven (Mark 16:19; Acts 1:9-11).
- In the visible and physical return of Jesus Christ to earth (Acts 1:11; Revelation 19:11).
- That all men have sinned and as a result are separated from relationship with God (Romans 3:23, 5:12), and that eternal redemption is only brought about by faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 10: 9-10; Ephesians 2:8-9).
- That if man rejects the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ, he subjects himself to eternal damnation and separation from God the Father and will spend eternity in a literal place called Hell (Revelation 21:8).
- In the present and active ministry of the Holy Spirit, who indwells everyone who believes and enables them to live a Godly life (Romans 8:13-14; I Corinthians 3:16, 6:19-20; Ephesians. 4:30, 5:18).